AKDMY is the high school summer internship of Real Life Leadership Institute. Take 8 weeks to grow as a leader and discover God’s best for your life! Learn from advanced leadership students and a myriad of teachers, help with summer camps, take part in evangelistic parties, play a huge role on Wednesday night and Sunday morning services, gain direct mentoring in your leadership and more!
If you are entering High School this fall, graduating this summer, or anywhere in between - do something real with your summer and take your life, faith and leadership to the #NextLevel
Tuesday 9 AM to 4 PM
Wednesday 4 PM to 9 PM
Thursday 9 AM to 4 PM
Sunday 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM
Worship In The Bible :: Pastor Freedom Noble :: Tuesdays & Thursdays 10 AM
Values in Leadership :: Guest Speakers :: Tuesdays 11 AM
Sripture Memorization and Communication :: Pastor Freedom Noble :: Thursdays 10 AM
"The Day After" :: Pastor Taylor Murray :: Thursdays 11 AM
Staff Chapel :: Tuesdays 9 AM
Soda With Pastor Steve :: Wednesdays 4 PM :: Pastor Steve Murray
Undivided Youth :: Wednesdays 6 PM to 9 PM
Sunday Morning Ministry Volunteering :: 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM
Practical Life Labs :: Tuesdays 1 PM - 4 PM
Team Building / Community Projects 1 PM - 4 PM Thursdays
Tuition for AKDMY is $500. This price includes Undivided Summer Camp which is August 14th - 18th. A minimum of $250 is due on Orientation day (Sunday June 25th). Every student has the option to work in our fireworks stand to help pay off the remainder of their tuition for summer camp.
1. What if I need to miss a class for vacation, job, or sport?
- We will have a closed group on Facebook with all of our students / their parents and a Live video recording will be made for every class so you can go back and watch/listen to any classes missed!
2. What does Sunday look like?
- Each student will be placed in a role upon arrival at 8:30 after hearing an encouraging word from one of our pastors. Most of these roles will be with our Kids Ministry, RealKids.
3. When is the first day?
- Sunday June 25th at 8:30 we will begin orientation.
4. When is the money due?
- The first half of the money ($250) is due June 25th. You are welcome to make a payment by cash, check or card when you arrive.
5. Are there any fundraising opportunities?
- Yes. Our fireworks stand will be at the church parking lot from June 27th to July 4th and students can work shifts to go toward their tuition/summer camp payment. The initial $250 payment on June 25th pays for the 7 week internship Plus $30 toward summer camp, so any shifts worked at the fireworks stand will all go toward their camp payment. Final payment is due July 30th.
6. When is Graduation?
- We will honor AKDMY students at UD the Wednesday night before Summer Camp, but AKDMY is just the beginning. Instead of graduation, we hope you see this summer as the starting point to what God will do this next year to come in your faith, your home, and your schools!
7. I am a senior who is graduating and I am considering the year long program for next fall. Should I do AKDMY?
- We have had many who have gone through AKDMY and then started with the Leadership Institute in the fall! Most say it's a great way to begin your next year. Our advice is to look at your personal finances and situation and choose the best course for you. If you think it would be better to work in the summer, then we will see you in just a couple short months! If you think you can do both - Let's begin! Feel free to message our Director, Pastor Freedom, if this is you! You can email him at email@example.com